Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Hate This

It's been two weeks since my dad had heart surgery and he's STILL in the hospital. He wants to leave, we want him to leave, but they are making him stay. Had everything gone smoothly, he would have been home a week ago. First, he has a troublesome post-op experience where his lungs weren't working, making him stay in ICU for a day and a half longer than he had to. Now he's got a kidney infection, and we don't know when he can go home.

I hate it. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I just want him home, where he can feel comfortable and safe. Where he can get the rest he so desperately needs, and where I believe he'll be able to recover more quickly. I've been trying so hard to be patient, to be strong, but I'm breaking. It's all I think about. I do nothing but worry about him, and I feel so guilty for being up here and not still down there with him. I feel guilty for not having a house big enough for him to stay in- if I had an extra room, I'd find a way to work it out with his doctors and fly him up here to recover, where I can keep an eye on him and take care of him.

I hate this.

I've never felt so useless to someone I love.

1 comment:

Shaun and Lisa said...

Sad, I didn't know. I'll keep him in my prayers.