Friday, November 28, 2008

Because Lists Are Easier Than Paragraphs

Here is a list of blogs that I started writing about, but then deleted, or of topics that I intended on writing about, but either waited to long so the event became irrelivant, or I couldn't figure out a way to start it, or any other lame excuse that keeps me from writing on this more often.

* My Dad's surgery. It was tough to go through, so I don't need to relive it in writing.

* My boss, but I don't want to be that person. You know, the person that just bitches about their boss.

* My house being haunted. I started writing about this one today, totally convinced that my house was haunted, and then Greg totally debunked it. Damn scientific evidence and air displacement. I deleted it, because I didn't want to look retarded.

* How I think claiming to be selfish and a free spirit is a cop-out for having to try in life. I think it shows weakness. In a fight or flight situation, flight is the easy way out. You don't have to stay where you are, but when you decide to make a change, do it with grace. I thought I'd get too angry and preachy in this one.

* A blog about Edgar, but that would make me a crazy cat lady.

* Songs I like. I may come back to this one, but I just don't know how to lay it out onto paper-err-screen.

* The kick-ass pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting that Gina and I made. I'm so proud of that dessert, that I've pretty much already told everyone about it, so why write about it as well? I think I may still post the recipe, though. It's easy to follow and deeeeelicious!

* I want to do more for my community. That's about it. It wouldn't be much of a blog. It would probably go a little like this: I want to do more for my community. The end.

* The last good books I've read. Geek Love and Anthem. I've never been good about writing reviews for books or movies, so I've hesitated on writing these, but look them up, because they're worth reading.

* My latest art project. I'm really excited about it, but two things have kept me from writing about it. First, it's supposed to be a surprise for my art group, and I don't know if any of them read this. Second, I have procrastinated the hell out of it, and haven't worked on it in about three weeks. If I start to write about it, I think, "that's lame. Why am I writing about something I haven't finished, when I could be finishing it." Then I don't do either. I could be working on it right now....

That's about all on the topic front. Huh, a blog about blog topics. Where, oh where has my creativity gone to?

2 comments:

Alethea said...

1. I totally understand. My claiming to "not remember" from a few posts ago is often more of a too late to make sense or makes no sense to begin with kind of thing.

2. I love, love, love "Anthem".

3. I didn't know yr Dad had surgery, I hope he's doing ok.

4. I think of you guys all the time & we really want to come out & visit. If only we had more vacation time! Damnit.

5. I thought about you yesterday at the grocery store when I was looking at manchego cheese.

Shaun and Lisa said...

I like it!