Thursday, November 13, 2008

flibbity flop

Lately I've been feeling like the world and the people around me are a bit more insane than normal. There are so many things happening right now that don't actually affect me directly, but they're having an impact on my life in some branched out way. I'm stressed, I'm scared, I'm angry, but I'm happy too. I guess I'm stressed about my job, I'm scared about my dad's surgery next week, I'm angry about certain people's actions, and I'm happy at home. Maybe my sensitivity level may be heightened a bit (for what reason? I can't say.) or maybe I'm the one who's gone off their rocker, and the rest of the world is going on with business as usual.



No. It's not me. It's you.



What I'm trying to say is....I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say. Life feels off kilter. Too many stories in my own life and in the lives of those I care about are shooting straight for the dramatic climax at the same time. It's too intense. I feel like I'm waiting- waiting for results. For changes. For a catostrophic end- SOMETHING. The anticipation is rendering me crazy. I don't know which direction to go in my life right now I guess, because I'm waiting for the next chapter in the lives around me. I feel like one of those people may need me, and I don't want to start something new in my own life, and possibly miss the moment when that person will need to reach out to me for help. Does this even make any sense? I feel so distracted right now.





Totally off subject....not that those preceding paragraphs had a subject...



While I was driving on the freeway today, a car was totally riding my ass. I guess I wasn't driving fast enough for him during rush hour traffic- no one was driving fast enough for him, but I was the lucky one that was in his way. He got even closer to my bumper and flashed his brights. Well, I'm not one for road rage, so all I did was let my foot off the gas- you flashed your brights- does that mean you want me to go slower? Then as he quickly swerved into an open lane, he drove up to my car to show me he was mad- that's when I like to give a big smile and wave. He was a young guy- maybe 19 or so, and my cheerful nature did not please him. So he gunned it and proceeded to swerve in and out of traffic to show all of us amature drivers how it's done. I went about my driving duties, and about three minutes later when I was reaching my exit, my friend who was riding with me said, "isn't that the truck that was in a hurry?" Sure enough, we were approaching the young Mad Max. He was in the far left lane, stuck in traffic, and we were two lanes over. As my car reached his, I turned my head to see if he remembered me. He looked, and I gave a great big smile and waved as I slowly passed him. You're going seven miles per hour? Oh, look at that, I'm going ten. Good thing you flashed your brights at me, it really helped you out in the end. Ass.

1 comment:

steveandlaurie said...

Hi I am leaving you a comment...um HI