Sunday, December 14, 2008

Crunch, Crunch, Crunch

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

That's the sound of my boots stomping through freshly fallen snow. Snow Day in Portland!

I woke up this morning to a world of white. This is not a common occurance for the people of Portland. After bundling myself up, I walked out to my car, scraped off the ice and snow and headed to work, which turned out to be more of an adventure than I bargained for. The freeway was pretty clear until I headed into the city where I work (Beaverton...woo.), which is at a higher elevation than P-land. The lines dividing the lanes were wiped out by a sheet of snow, and no one knew what to do. It was fun. Having made this trip a thousand times over, I knew where I was on the road, and my tires felt true to the ground. I can't say the same for other drivers.

I realized that the day was only going to get colder and more snow-filled, so I made the decision to leave my car at work, and hitch a ride with my friend, who was more prepared than I was for such a snow fall. This is when I realized how much I love my new car- I didn't mind driving in the snow, I was just worried that an inexperienced snow-driver would hit my car. I felt safer leaving it at work. Chains on Brook's truck tires, we headed back to the North side.

I spent the remainder of my morning walking around my neighborhood, taking pictures and just enjoying my surroundings- my neighborhood had a winter make-over ::snaps fingers in a "z" shape:: fab-u-lous! Since I can't find my USB cable, I cannot post pictures just yet, but I will eventually.

I ended the evening with a nice bowl of homemade stew. I will now sit by the fire and enjoy the rarity that is snow in Portland!

PS: The word "snow" was written ten times in this blog.

PPS: For anyone who read my last posting- I did get my hair cut, and I did buy my crafting materials. Who's the ninny now, huh?! Not me!

No comments: