Friday, December 12, 2008

Productive, Yet Not

Greg went on a cleaning rampage yesterday, which was AWESOME (we can be quite the messy duo), and I continued it this morning. I love having a clean house, so why don't I keep it clean more often??? I did an overhaul on the bathroom, tidied up my vanity in the dining room and cleaned the rats' cage. It was a productive morning. I then baked four batches of gingerbread men and gingersnap cookies for Greg (I think ginger stuff is gross). We had a few causalties- a broken gingerbread man leg, a couple decapitations- but overall, quite a success. I felt full of energy...

...and then I sat down.

I was planning on going out to buy materials for Christmas gifts (happy handmade-I-don't-have-money-holiday!), but the sofa was calling to my butt, and who am I to get in the way of true happiness? I sat....and sat....and sat some more. Energy gone. Projects left undone. Boo.

It's been quite a blustery day today, and I'm sure that influenced my decision to stay put. I had plans to go out tonight, but they've been cancelled, and I'm okay with that. It's a great night to stay in. Greg's home now, and he's be working crazy hours at the hotel for the past few weeks, and next week he's going to be even busier, so it'll be nice to spend the evening in with him so I can remember what he looks like.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will continue on with my chores. I WILL go out and buy the tools I need to get my craft on. I'm even thinking of getting my hair cut. Now that I've written it into cyber-eternity, I must get it done, lest I look like a ninny who's all talk and no action. I don't want to be a ninny.

1 comment:

Shaun and Lisa said...

I totally feel ya on the crafty stuff this holiday season. And if you're still in the cleaning mood...well my place could use it to. I always start, but don't usually finish because Isabel thinks she needs my attention 24/7! Okay so I do like to play with her and it's so much more fun then cleaning, but anyway my point was you can clean here too!! Mmm...and gingerbread sounds good.