Monday, September 1, 2008

Bug, You've Got Me By the Balls!

So here's a little update about my car...

The car died about a week ago. I bought a new battery, hoping that would solve the problem and sure enough, the car started back up again- hooray! Knowing that my car hates me and wishes nothing but evil into my life, I decide to make an appointment with my mechanic for later in the week so I can get new brakes. My car has been needing new brakes for a while, and with the luck I've been having with it lately, I should just get them done now and not worry about it later.

Thursday afternoon I took my car in for new brakes. One day and 340 dollars later (440 if you count the hundred bucks for my new battery), I welcomed back my lime green crapper on wheels with not so open arms.

I had new brakes, a new battery, and a surge of optimism, but my mechanic quickly crushed the latter. He let me know that I was going to need a lot of work done on my car and it would cost me about 800 dollars! Immediately I thought, "time to trade it in." I figured, I'd trade it in before I'd have to do all that work on my car. It's running great now.

Or so I thought.

A day and a half later, Greg borrowed my car, and on his way home from work my car died. Again. I guess it wasn't the battery.

In other news- I'm going to Mexico in a month! Cancun, Mexico City and Guadalajara. Greg, my brother and my mom are all going, too! Funny story: my mom told us that she going to borrow my cousin's time share in Cancun.....

We're going to be in Cancun, Mexico.
The time share is for Cancun Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Mom strikes again! How I love the woman!

1 comment:

Alethea said...

When are you guys gonna be in Mexico? I'm looking into flight prices for mid-October to perhaps come visit for a few days & want to be sure to come when you're home!