Friday, April 2, 2010

Man Down! Man Down!

Holy crap! The tree in our backyard fell over! We've been having wicked crazy winds lately, and I guess a few days ago, the wind ripped some of the roots out of the ground, and broke whatever roots were left! I had no idea this had happened until yesterday, when Greg found the tree lying in our neighbor's backyard! He texted me the news as I was driving home, but I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke. Joke's on me, our tree FELL DOWN!

Luckily, no one was hurt, and it didn't hit our house (or our neighbor's house). It did, however, knock over their crappy fence, but I think we did them a favor by letting that thing fall. It also may have damaged their tool shed, but we won't know until we clear out the branches and check for any damage. That shed is super old, and already had tons of damage to it, so I hope the owner doesn't blame that on the tree. Oh well. Wind happens.















No comments: