Friday, April 9, 2010

It's What I Do...

I've been really busy at work lately, which has it's positives and negatives. The downside - I'm really busy. The upside - I have been pushing myself to try new things and take more risks artistically. Sometimes this job can be quite intimidating because I'm showing off whatever skills I have everyday to strangers, coworkers and my bosses. There are times where I feel like I have no ideas left in me, and there I stand with a five foot long board in front of my face. Ok, create. In four hours. Or sooner, if you can. Not having any true training, I get a little scared at times. I don't know much about color theory, I'm horrible at blending and shading, and sometimes I feel like I flat out can't draw at all. Yet, that's what I have to do. That's what I get to do. I love my job. As scary as it is, I get to practice, practice, practice (although everyone sees the practice work) and I get to take that practice and put it to use in my personal artwork...if I have any creative energy left in me to do personal work :o) Oh well.

So, here are a few of the newest signs I've made. It's what I do.
















1 comment:

Alethea said...

I love your gorilla!

Oh, and you are like 500zillion times better at your job than the artist at my local TJ's.