Friday, March 5, 2010

Photo Project: Macro

I've finally chosen photos for February's monthly photo project. These are all pictures from my backyard. Spring is waking up and showing it's blooming face here in the PNW, and I'm loving every blossom, sprout and leaf!

Some new green sprouting up. I recommend clicking on the photo, so you can see a bigger shot.


Our quince tree is blossoming like crazy! It's full of these tiny white flowers. The only thing about this tree is that we do nothing with quince. You can make preserves, but we don't do that. So, when the fruit is overripe and starts to fall, it gets pretty squishy. Anyone want to do some free quince-picking?


A shot of the birdhouse hanging on our quince tree. Our realtor, Katy gave this to us as a little housewarming gift. I've yet to see birds inside, but I'm sure they hang out when I'm not around. Maybe I'll leave a snack for them.


I took several shots of the daffodils, but this one turned out pretty interesting (at least I think so). I like how the details of the petals are blurred, leaving a golden glow around the - oh, what the hell are the little pollen sticks called? Botanist, I am not. Anyway, I like this.


In almost all cases, I am a hater of pink. I despise pink. Very rarely do I enjoy being surrounded by pink. I do, however, make an exception when it comes to flowers. I love pink flowers. What a crazy world I live in. This is from our hybrid plum-cherry tree. Or is it a cherry-plum tree? This has been the mystery tree to even my landscaping friends. All I know is, when this tree fruits, the little pinkish-red-plummy-cherry fruits are delicious! If anyone knows the real name of this tree, pass that info along to me, would you? Thanks!







This month's project: Night shots. I'm excited about this project, because I'm really bad at it. Hopefully I'll stick with it and learn a thing or two. I have one already. It was from Disneyland (as if you couldn't figure that out).

No comments: