Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm full. I'm loved.



To be fed, is to be loved.

Oh how I am loved.

Let me tell you about my birthday weekend.

Birthday number 27 will definitely be one to remember. I had to work that day, but as a birthday present to myself I decided not to work hard, and it was nice. I got to chat with my mom on the way home (yes, I’m one of those bastards that’s yapping away on their cell phone while they’re driving- sue me). When I arrived home, I walked through the front door only to be welcomed by not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR dozen roses! Greg had bought a shit ton of roses for me! Not only were there roses, but there were also two presents and a card! I am loved. Greg had to work that day, so we had spent all day Friday together for my birthday. When I saw what he had left for me, I was truly surprised.

And now for my evening…

At first I didn’t really want to do anything out of the ordinary for my birthday, but my friends insisted on making dinner for me, and let me tell you, they did not disappoint. For anyone who knows me, you’ll know that I love to eat. I love to eat crap. Bacon, hot dogs, crab- you name it. If it’s made with fat or unidentifiable body parts, I’m all over it. Well, my friends really know me. They prepared a glorious feast! Bacon and crab casserole, veggies with bacon blue cheese dip, bacon wrapped dates, chili cheese dogs and chocolate peanut butter brownies. All mine, bitches! But that’s not all! Instead of a birthday cake (I mean, we already have peanut butter brownies, so who needs a cake?) they brought in a whole crab decked out with a birthday message and a candle!

We ended the evening out on Brook’s deck, having deep and philosophical conversations.

Who am I kidding, we talked about pooping and peeing in our pants…..or for some, pooping into paper bags- great story- you should hear it some time.

It was a perfect day. Thank you to Greg. Thank you to all my girls for the gifts and the dinner. And thank you to everyone who called or texted or messaged or thought, “oh, it’s Krisha’s birthday.” It’s nice to be in your minds, even if I don’t know it.

3 comments:

Alethea said...

Mmmmm......crab.

Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

I suck. I didn't even remember your birthday. I totally suck. I am glad you had a great day! You are totally awesome, and I am so happy for you and your...uh...happiness. Right.

Awkward moment....

Yay for succumbing to bloggity!

Shaun and Lisa said...

I love the crab with the candle in it! That's so clever and the roses are so pretty, I want to smell them...