Monday, November 22, 2010

It Was Easier When I Was Sad

So I have no real worries. Nothing out of the ordinary. Paying bills, cleaning the house, eating healthy meals, staying active.

Ho hum.

Ordinary.

Just another ordinary day.

Ordinary days does not the inspiring writer make. Pain and grief paint such a deeper picture. More nuances, more details that people want to read about. More strength.

More strength? Really?

Expressing sadness, describing - living drama takes more strength than happiness?

Sadness takes more strength than happiness? Yes.

Writing about sadness takes more strength than happiness? No.

It's hard to try to share my life in words when I am happy. I feel as though I'm either boring people to death, or that I'm bragging. No one likes a bragger. People seem to connect and attach to others more when they share the hardships and negativity in their lives. Try to share some positive news? They look like they want to punch you in the face.

I don't want to brag. I don't want to report. I just want to be creative.

No comments: