Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother

My mother...

is crazy
makes me cry almost every time I talk to her
wishes I made more money
has asked complete strangers whether they think God is a man or a woman
teases her hair more than a bully teases a nerd
has made a lot of mistakes
totaled her car about a month ago
blacked out about a month ago
has nervous break-downs from time to time
wishes I went to college
has given me several anxiety attacks
wishes I didn't get married at such a young age
breaks my heart about once every three months
is hard to understand
doesn't try hard enough
tries my patience

is human

is human

is human


My mother...

is a woman
is her own person
lost her mom at the age of nine, and I don't think has ever recovered from it
has gone through more shit than anyone I know
has endured struggles that I think would break me
has overcome obstacles that she doesn't realize are huge accomplishments
is stronger than she likes to believe
has goals and dreams that I am unaware of
has a life that I am unaware of
has an endless amount of love to give to her family, but doesn't know how to show it
is brave
is funny
is beautiful

is human

is my mother

and I love her.

2 comments:

Frisbie's said...

:)

Kelli Martinelli said...

I hope my daughter turns out as cool as you.