Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Off

It's been one of those days...

You know, where everything is just...off. Even as I write this, my computer is glitching, showing each letter one keystroke late.

Time to reboot.

...

...

...

Okay, I'm back.

I know everyone has had many of these days. Nothing tragic has happened. Nothing overly dramatic. I'm just off kilter with the rest of my surroundings, and it makes me want to hide.

I wait and wait for an expected call, only for it to come whilst sitting on the toilet, and my phone is juuuuuust out of reach.

I get no texts at all throughout the day, that is, right until I start driving.

Everywhere I need to get to while I'm at work, someone's already standing there, blocking that one spot I need to reach...and they're the only one around.

Each and every red light stops by to say, "Hello, Krisha. Whatcha doing?"

I feel invisible to every car on the road. My turn to go - oh, okay, I guess you can go first. Oh, you too, truck? Well, surely you can see me, my lights are on - oh, hey now, please don't hit me.

It's like I woke up a beat off to the song called "Today", and I've never been able to sync up with the rhythm. It makes me sigh.

Oh, and just as I was about to publish this post, my cat peed on the carpet.

Aaaaaand post.

1 comment:

Kelli Martinelli said...

I'm always more off than on. The next time I'm on I'll blog about it. The Yin to your Yang.