Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

This new year:

I hope happiness outweighs sadness. That hearts grow strong, people get and stay healthy, and sickness is nowhere to be found. I hope broken hearts are mended, strength is gained, and souls become wiser without feeling too old. I hope families can visit, bonds are made, and re-connections are formed. I hope stress is replaced by sighs of relief, and pain is not caused by the people we love. I hope we all become a bit more aware of ourselves, and of our emotions. If sadness, guilt, anger or depression come our way, let's recognize it and deal with it, instead of pushing it aside and pretending it doesn't exist, because when you know pain, you know how to heal. When you know sadness or anger, you understand better what happiness is. Let's laugh more, love without fear, and not be embarrassed to be a little silly. Let's make ourselves happy, but not forget about the importance of making those around us just as happy.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Alethea said...

This is beautiful, Krisha. I hope you don't mind of I post it on my own blog.

Love you both & wish you the best in 2009!

Frisbie's said...

Hmm.. I feel the same.. that this is going to be a good year because we are going to make it that :0)