Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Final Countdown

I dropped my ballot off today.



Yeah!



I can't wait for Tuesday. Not only for the long awaited answer of who's going to be president, but for the long desired relief from non-stop campaign commercials.



I can't believe how anxious I am about the outcome of this election! I've never followed political races so closely. I know this is a historical race, but still, I'm amazed at how nervous I am! I'm nervous!



All I can say is- don't forget to vote. We've all been voicing our opinions, but our words mean shit if we don't turn in our ballots. Polls show that Obama is in the lead, but polls don't elect the President, votes do- palpable votes. Voter turnout will be what really determines the outcome.



I've been mapping out the next couple of years of my life lately. I'm hoping that Greg and I will buy a house before the end of next year, and after that, we'll try for a baby, but if McCain is elected, I'm seriously considering waiting to have a baby for at least another four years.

No comments: