Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No Yanks Allowed

I have unofficially joined a camera club. Unofficially because the club is in the UK, and only professional photographers living in the UK can join. Seeing how I am neither a professional photographer nor a resident of the UK (though I wish I was!), I cannot officially join, but I've decided to follow their lead and complete their monthly photo assignments. It's a fun way to play with my camera, practice techniques and strengthen my keen eye (which, right now, is not so keen). I really enjoy having a topic given to me - it helps me stay focued, allowing me to create portfolios that actually tell stories, rather than random hodgepodge images that make the viewer feel like they have ADD. I haven't created a story yet (which shall be told in 6 images), but here are a couple of practice shots. Oh, and the topic this month is macro photography.