Friday, January 1, 2010

Let's Start Now

Yes, yes, a blog entry about New Year's resolutions, how original. I don't care.

For the new year...

> I'm going to do some actual hands on volunteer work. My first step starts on the 12th, with an orientation for working for the Food Bank of Oregon. I hope to give my services to other organizations, the neighborhood, or just another person needing an extra hand. I've been too selfish these past several years, and it's high time I change that.

> The new and improved Monthly Art Projects project starts today! We meet for dinner and submit words and phrases that will hopefully inspire me to create and to be excited about creating. One word or phrase a month will be drawn, and our imaginations take care of the rest! A few of my friends and I tried this last year, and after one really awesome first month, a couple ehh - alright months we faultered and went into total abandonment of the whole thing. It was sad, but we were not fully committed to the projects. This time, I am going to make it a priority in my life. I need to awaken my curiosity in art, and I'm ready to take it seriously.

> I've got a gym membership. I go every once in a while, but I need to make it a habit. I need to crave working out. I need to want to do it. This fat on my ass and belly is making itself a little too at home, and I'm ready to kick it out like the no good squatter it is!

Well, those are the tops. There are a couple other things here and there, but I don't see them as goals for just one year. These are more like little changes and tweaks toward self-improvement that I'm sure I'll be working on for a lifetime. As for now, goals are set. It's in writing. Maybe the three of you that read this can hold me accountable for keeping these resolutions.

Goodbye, 2009. Hello, 2010.

No comments: